Kaduna Bureau of Statistics (KDBS) is the custodian of all activities that relate to official statistics in Kaduna State ranging from data collation, collection, analysis, interpretation, researches, and coordination of statistical activities, which will aid policy formulation, development planning and evaluation of accomplishment
Who we are
Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics is the statistical agency responsible for managing all sets of data and statistical activities in the State. It is the apex body and the custodian of all State official statistics and has the overall responsibility for overseeing the State Statistical System and coordinating the implementation of the State Statistical Master Plan.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading, reliable source of all statistical requirements of Kaduna state and beyond.
Our Mission Statement
- To strengthen the Kaduna State Statistical System by generating quality statistics for decision makers, planners, and researchers in an objective, cost effective, timely and effective manner in line with the restoration master plan.
Our strategic function
The strategic function of Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics (KDBS) is to eliminate waste, duplication, compromise of quality, and improve statistical standards.
Backed by the Kaduna State Statistics Law, The Bureau of was established as a Cooperate Body with Perpetual Succession, a common seal and a power to sue and be sued in its cooperate name by the Kaduna Sate House of Assembly Law No 3 of 2014. The Bureau is charged with the following responsibilities:
- The Bureau shall be responsible for the development and management of official Statistics
- The Bureau shall be the authoritative source and custodian of official statistics in the State
- The Bureau shall also be responsible for the following:
- Coordination of the state statistical system
- Advising the State and Local Government on all matters relating to statistics.
- Developing and promoting the use of statistical standards and appropriate methodologies in the state statistical system
- Collecting, compiling, interpreting, analyzing, publishing statistical information alone or in collaborating with other agencies (both governmental and non- governmental)
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive socio-economic State Data Bank and
- Fulfilling all other functions relating to statistics which the government may direct from time to time.
Powers of the Bureau
The enabling Law has empowered the Bureau to carry out all activities which are indispensable, profitable, or suitable for the intention of carrying out its functions and focus to the provision of the Law.
The Law also gave the Statistician General the definitive responsibility to carry out policies and pronouncement of the Bureau in accordance with the provision of the Law. Any Ministry, Department or Agency (MDA) at all levels of government, Private Nigerian or Foreign, individuals wishing to conduct a statistical survey in Kaduna State must first obtain an approval of the Bureau and where necessary, the Bureau participates in the conduct of the Survey.
The Bureau is also vested with powers to obtain information throughout the State or any part thereof concerning any matter set out in the Law with all confidentiality. It may delegate responsibilities to Ministries and other public institutions with requisite capabilities to conduct State wide surveys following standards and methodologies agreed by the Bureau.
Departments and Divisions of KDBS – There are four main Departments in the Bureau namely:
- Census and Survey
- Social and Economic Statistics
- Research & Methodology
- Finance and Administration
- Special Units (Audit Unit, Legal Unit, Servicom /Anti-Corruption Unit and Public Relations Unit)